Here were looking in the exact opposite direction of the photo below. This demolition photo of factory #10, the famous world War II aluminum plant, is viewed from the roof of factory #05 during the summer of 2011. Viewed north-east.
This south-west view at factory #10 shows the turn off road mentioned in the bottom two photos. The gas pumps we filled up at are located at the roofed over structure shown at the right. This road went all the way to #38 warehouse located at the extreme north-end of the Buick property. Building #38 was originally built for engine emissions testing.
Factory #31 on the left with #81 on the right. The skeleton of factory #03 is seen off right center. Some of factory #05 and #10 can be seen in the extreme distance, plus the cultural & Diversity Center . The turn off from Division Street is shown at the right where factory #81 has that familiar bend on it’s north-west corner. This is the route you took to get to factory #10 east and #36 engine plant and also #38 Warehouse.
Looking west at factory #81 south truck dock on the right. This was the gray Iron foundry until 1981 and was known as factory #70. The north-end of factory #31 is seen in the distance beyond Division Street. This area of factory #31 was originally factory #11 engine factory, and is considered the first factory built after the creation of General Motors in 1908.